OLL Parent-Teacher Organization (PTO)
The purpose of the Parent Teacher Organization (P.T.O.) is to promote communication and close cooperation between parents and teachers. The PTO offers many activities intended to enhance the education of our children.
The PTO sponsors many fun events throughout the year. These events include a Glow Bowling night, Mini Workshops, Catholic Schools Week, COSI and Trek for Tech.
General Meetings with guest speakers will be scheduled. These meetings will be established as a forum for parents and teachers to discuss topics related to school. In addition to the General Meetings, PTO Board meetings are held the third Thursday of August, October, January and April. Parents are encouraged to attend both of the General meetings and any or all of the PTO Board meetings.
Some other items the PTO helps with are:
- Help teachers with classroom wish-list items.
- Provide refreshments for Catholic Schools Week, Open House,
- Buddy Breakfast and supplies for the Teacher Luncheon.
- Provide instructors and supplies for mini workshops and keep the events FREE for families.
- Provide prizes, supplies and refreshments for Trek for Tech.
- Plan and organize COSI.
- Assist the school with miscellaneous expenses as the need arises.
- Minimize fundraising throughout the year.
- Provide General Meetings with informative speakers.
- Support Power of the Pen and the Spelling Bee.
The PTO gives a big thank you to everyone who volunteers at the school events.